Sprite Experiment

I was working on a character sprite for this week’s drawing, but I wasn’t liking where it was going. I usually just block out areas and go from there in Aseprite, it’s how I’ve done my other sprites, but I decided to do something different this time. I went to Clip Studio Paint and made the canvas 64×64 pixels, I made a new sketch and then added some color. While I did like the result, it looked really bad blown up. I then wanted to see what it would look like if I added an outline in Aseprite. It looks pretty good and I may continue doing sprites/pixel art this way. The final sprite is the result of adding a bolder outline in CSP. It looks a lot better blown up compared to the colored sketch, but I think I need to experiment with this technique more. The two done in CSP remind me of SNES/GBA games and gives me a lot of new ideas for the future.

Thank for reading!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s